Dealing With Stress

Where can I go to get help in dealing with my own stress?

Take a look at the section on help for patients with mesothelioma. You have some of the same types of support available to you. You may be able to get counseling/assistance from someone on the team taking care of your family member, or you may be able to get a recommendation for someone else to see. A family therapist could help you, as could a psychologist or a psychiatrist. Read the section on depression. If you think you might be depressed, you need to get see a physician.

You may also want to seek the assistance of your minister, priest or rabbi. Most are able to give counseling, spiritual and other help. Your church or temple may have a group that volunteers to help members who are sick. If there is a group like that at your church or temple, let them help your family.

The American Cancer Society has help for caregivers, a program called “I Can Cope.” There is information online, and there are both community and online classes that you can take or attend, depending on where you live. You can check for class locations and get more information at

If you are comfortable using the Internet, you can visit a site called Carepages. Carepages gives specific ideas for help, and offers online forums where you can chat with other caregivers. You can register for a Carepage at

Disclaimer     Privacy

sponsor: Paul Danziger, Attorney – Houston, TX

Website updated on Nov 29, 2020